Saturday was a cold and sunny day in the Pacific Northwest. After lunch I decided to say screw you round ligament pain and go for a walk. See round ligament pain sucks. According to webmd:
Round ligament pain is a sharp pain or jabbing feeling often felt in the lower belly or groin area on one or both sides. It is one of the most common complaints during pregnancy and is considered a normal part of pregnancy. It is most often felt during the second trimester.That pretty much explains how I feel after I workout. I was searching for causes and remedies this weekend and went full circle. Round ligament pain can be caused by exercises, sneezing, coughing, laughing, rolling over in bed and standing up to quickly. So basically everything you do in life. :)
I then found some tips that may help reduce your discomfort:
- Pain relief. Take over-the-counter acetaminophen for pain, if necessary. You can only take Tylenol when pregnant, it doesn't really do much for me.
- Exercise. Get plenty of exercise to keep your stomach (core) muscles strong. Doing stretching exercises or prenatal yoga can be helpful. So above exercise can cause it, yet it can also help it...hmmmm A helpful exercise involves putting your hands and knees on the floor, lowering your head, and pushing your backside into the air.
- Avoid sudden movements. Change positions slowly (such as standing up or sitting down) to avoid sudden movements that may cause stretching and pain. For me even changing positions slowly is painful.
- Flex your hips. Bend and flex your hips before you cough, sneeze, or laugh to avoid pulling on the ligaments.
- Apply warmth. A heating pad or warm bath may be helpful. A warm bath is helpful, but I can only take so many baths a day. :)
At Starbucks she proceeded to tell me that when she grows up she is either going to work at Microsoft or Starbucks. Her reason for Starbucks was because they make really good Marshmallow bars. Which is just a fancy name for rice krispi treats. After our treat we headed for home to complete our two mile walk.
Sunday was a relaxing day for us, but while we were in Target we decided to take a photo and share with our Facebook friends. The question is will we be having a blue or pink life jacket join us this summer on our boat? We will find out tomorrow at our ultra sound.
How was your weekend? Take your best guess team blue or team pink?