I feel like I started to get my mojo back this month. I have lots of stuff I still need to get back into my schedule, but my walking is getting on track for the 3-day walk. I am not setting any major goals the rest of the year or at least I am not going to post them. A friend sent me this video about how when you say your goals out loud you are less likely to follow through with them. Its an interesting point as so many people tell you to say the goal and to tell your friends to help hold you accountable. However this short video says that when you say it, it triggers satisfaction or accomplishment without actually doing anything. Either way I don't plan to set additional goals on her until next year.
How am I doing so far for my 2012 goals:
1. Run 4 Half Marathons - 5 down - Race Recap's
2. Try a new distance - SGK 3-Day walk in November 2012 - While I have not finished this one 100% I do count it as completed as I have walked 15 miles which is a new distance PR for me. In November I plan to break that PR 2x.
3. Run 12 Races Total - Done! With my Issaquah Run on the last day of September, I am done. I have few more planned so next year I might need to up the number. Race Recap's
4. Year of the PR - work on PRing in 5K, 10K and Half - PR - 5K, St. Patricks Day Dash PR - Need to work on that half...moving this to next year.
5. Run more miles then 2011 (in June switched to to walking to train for 3-day walk. Mileage below includes running an walking) 2011 Miles(505.29)/2012 Miles (610.5 run/walk). - Smashed this goal! With training still in the works through the end of November I can't wait to see what number I can reach. If I hit all of my training walks in October and November I will add 286 miles to this total.
- January - 10 | 40
- February- 56 | 65
- March - 61 | 61.5
- April - 72- | 76
- May - 34 | 65
- June - 16 | 69
- July - 31 | 63
- August - 42 | 54
- September - 48 | 117
- October - 64 |
- November - 69 |
- December - 7 |
How did September treat you? Can you believe we are 3/4 of the way through the year?