Welcome to Fight Club. The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: you DO NOT talk about Fight Club! Third rule of Fight Club: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule: one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes. Seventh rule: fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight.
I really think I need to watch this movie. As I said yesterday, I have been using this for everything. This morning I said, The second rule of weight loss, you don't talk about weight loss.
Then I laughed.
There are million and one studies out there that say talking about your weight loss is a good thing. I believe that for many people it is a good thing. I think for me its a bad thing. I put all this pressure on myself to do well and then when push comes to shove....I shove the food into my mouth. I have joined weight loss boards, I have joined challenges, I have even ran challenges. At the end of the day when I lose the most weight is when I just shut up and do it. Of course right now, am I breaking the rule in talking about it. No - I feel like I am defining my own rules:
- Shut up about how you are going to lose weight and just do it
- We don't talk about weight loss
- Talking about weight loss is allowed when you can say 'I lose XX number of pounds'
- You are not an animal don't reward a good workout with a bad meal
- One plan at a time - pick something and stick to it. Stop jumping around
- Shirt and Shoes required, no matter how hot out it is....unless you are in the garage then workout how you like
- Weight loss will go on until you reach your goal
- You will always have the support of friends and family, don't be afraid to use it
What are your thoughts on weight loss? Do you like to talk about it or keep silent and just get it done?